- 1 lb. dry green lentils
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 lb. carrots, diced
- 8 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 qt. chicken stock
- ¾ lb. chorizo
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Place lentils in a large bowl and soak them for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Over medium heat add the chorizo to a large pot.
- Cook until brown, breaking apart the chorizo into small pieces.
- Once browned, add the olive oil, onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and cumin. Stir to combine.
- Add carrots and celery. Cook for 2 minutes and incorporate all ingredients.
- Add chicken stock and lentils. Combine. Bring to a roaring boil.
- Reduce to a simmer for 90 minutes.
- Finally, add vinegar.
- Simmer for five additional minutes.