- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 13 oz. coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- Remove chicken from refrigerator about an hour before cooking.
- Rinse and dry thoroughly. Rub the chicken with curry, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken and onion in oil until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in coconut milk and tomato paste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add spinach and tomato.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Serve immediately over hot rice.