Chicken and Pancetta Fried Rice
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked, diced (or use the breast meat from a rotisserie chicken)
- ½ pound pancetta, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups day old white rice/li>
- 3 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce (Tamari if gluten free)
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha sauce
- 1 cup green peas
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp. green onion, diced
- Over medium heat, add one tbsp. of the sesame oil to a wok or nonstick pan.
- Add the pancetta and cook until brown.
- Add one additional tbsp. of oil and onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add in the garlic and stir. Add the white rice and stir until the oil, onions, garlic and pancetta coat the rice, about four minutes.
- Add the additional oil. Create a circle in the middle of the pan and add the eggs.
- Mixed until you have scrambled eggs.
- Stir all ingredients to combine. Add the soy and Sriracha sauce and combine.
- Add the green peas and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the green onion one minute before serving and toss to combine.